SDTN Programme for 2019-20: Key Themes
SDTN’s role is to support the development of practice-based drama training in Scotland and we work with the Further Education Colleges and Higher Education Institutions and professionals from Theatre and Screen industries to deliver a varied programme of learning events and activities.
Our programme for 2019-20 is built around four key themes
- Working with Careers Advisers, teachers and senior phase learners in schools
- A Directory of the publicly funded courses in Scotland for Theatre, Film, TV and Radio
- Providing good quality information about a variety of drama training choices in Scotland via our Course Finder
Engagement with Industry
- A range of activities that add value to the student learning experience and sets learning in an applied professional context
- Events include workshops, Q&As, immersive training experiences with industry professionals and visits to venues and workplaces
- Since the start of the Coronavirus Lockdown in March 2020 our programme has been adapted and we are now offering SDTN Online with Zoom sessions where students can engage with industry professionals
Skills Development and professional learning for FE and HE Staff
A programme of workshops with leading industry professionals in Theatre, Film, TV and Radio and peer to peer learning. Since March 2020 this is being delivered online.
- For students in the months leading up to and just after graduating
- Graduate Training Programme – The Network Ensemble
- Career focused information and networking events
If you would more information about the programme and how we can work with you and your students please contact Karen Townsend, Programme Producer SDTN