SDTN – Moving Image: Scotland 2016
An inspiring day for student Film makers.
On Thursday 25 February 2016, around 200 students and 20 staff from Colleges and Universities across Scotland took part in a full day Moving Image event, produced by the Scottish Drama Training Network.
Moving Image: Scotland 2016 is now in its fourth year and was created to offer a day of specialist sessions to the Network’s students of Film & Television, and this year attracted students from all levels of study from National Certificate through to Post-graduate.
The event was supported by key partners from Industry: BECTU, BAFTA Scotland and BBC Drama and a series of workshops, talks and discussions took place with staff and freelancers from the Film and television sectors.
The presenters and facilitators were:
- Mel Churcher – Acting to Camera workshop
- Julie Austin – Child Acting Coach
- Loret Dunn – Film and TV Locations Manager
- Claire Bell and Morven Reid – Script Editors, BBC Drama
The BAFTA Scotland interview rounded off the day, with Director Michael Hines in conversation with BAFTA award winner actor David Elliot.
The Marketplace proved popular with the opportunity to meet representatives from various associated Companies, including
- BBC Scotland
- Film City Futures
- Scottish Film Talent Network
- BAFTA Scotland
- Visual Impact
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland (RCS)
A screening of short films by students was also shown during the day.
Feedback from participants about Moving Image:
- Hearing feedback and stories from Industry helps to get a feel for the work.
- I’ve learnt so much about different sides of Production….would love to come to more events like this.
- It has given me more knowledge and has made me feel more motivated, inspired and hopeful for my future career.
SDTN would like to thank all the students who came along on the day and participated so brilliantly in the event and to Moving Image Producer, Alison Forsyth for all her hard work in bringing the event to fruition!
Students and staff attended from the following Network Institutions:
- North East College Scotland
- Edinburgh College
- Queen Margaret University
- Edinburgh Napier University
- City of Glasgow College
- Ayrshire College
- Glasgow Clyde College
Moving Image 2016 took place at the Scottish Youth Theatre centre in Glasgow.
Watch a video of the highlights, filmed and edited by students at Glasgow Clyde College: