Tuesday 31 January – Saturday 4 February 2017
The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
100 Renfrew Street
The Scottish Drama Training Network will be offering two funded places each worth £780 on the ABTT Bronze Certified Award for Theatre Stage Technicians commencing 31 January 2017. The award is a five day course, accredited by RCS to SCQF Level 7 and will include the following:
- Manual Handling and Introduction to Health and Safety Work Act 1974
- Electrical Fundamentals
- Knots and Splicing
- Fundamentals of Flying
- Safe use of temporary access equipment
- the Bronze Award test
In order to apply for a funded place you must be a student within our Network of institutions and studying a practice-based drama subject or have graduated from such a course within our Network in 2015 or 2016.
Our Network includes: Ayrshire College, City of Glasgow College, Dundee and Angus College, Edinburgh College, Edinburgh Napier University, Fife College, Glasgow Clyde College, Glasgow Kelvin College, Inverness College UHI, New College Lanarkshire, North East Scotland College, Perth College UHI, Queen Margaret University, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Sabhal Mòr Ostaig, University of the West of Scotland, West College Scotland.
How to apply
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Full name
- Current email address
- Name of the course and institution that you are studying at / graduated from
- A personal statement (300 words) explaining why attending this course will support your career in Technical Theatre
- Confirm that you are able to attend the full five days of training (funding may be available to support travel costs for those travelling outside of the central belt)
For full course information, please visit the ABTT website.
You must be available to attend the full five days of training to take part.
Closing date for applications is Monday 9 January at 12pm successful candidates will be notified by Friday 13 January.