Tuesday 30 January – Saturday 3 February 2017
The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
100 Renfrew Street
The Scottish Drama Training Network will be offering two funded places each worth over £800 on the ABTT Bronze Certified Award for Theatre Stage Technicians commencing 30 January 2017. The award is a five day course, accredited by RCS to SCQF Level 7 and will include the following:
- Manual Handling and Introduction to Health and Safety Work Act 1974
- Electrical Fundamentals
- Knots and Splicing
- Fundamentals of Flying
- Safe use of temporary access equipment
- the Bronze Award test
In order to apply for a funded place you must be a graduate from a practice-based drama subject at one of our Network Institutions in the past two years.
Our Network includes: Ayrshire College, City of Glasgow College, Dundee and Angus College, Edinburgh College, Edinburgh College of Art, Edinburgh Napier University, Fife College, Forth Valley College, Glasgow Clyde College, Glasgow Kelvin College, Inverness College UHI, New College Lanarkshire, North East Scotland College, Perth College UHI, Queen Margaret University, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Sabhal Mòr Ostaig, University of the West of Scotland, West College Scotland.
How to apply
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Full name
- Current email address
- Name of the course and institution that you have graduated from
- A personal statement (300 words) explaining why attending this course will support your career in Technical Theatre
- Confirm that you are able to attend the full five days of training (funding may be available to support travel costs for those travelling outside of the central belt)
For full course information, please visit the ABTT website.
You must be available to attend the full five days of training to take part.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 11 January at 12pm successful candidates will be notified by Monday 15 January.